CAREER DESCRIPTION:This company is looking for a Business Analyst to add value to the operations of our clients by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to capture, analyze and document business requirements.
The Business Analyst position is primarily responsible for ensuring the accuracy of information by creating, maintaining, and evaluating data; comparing data with third-party information, analyzing, and researching risks or compliance concerns; key performance indicators, and metrics; evaluating trends and reviewing results for accuracy; and conducting analyses for special and recurring projects
- Conduct reviews, reports, and analysis of systems and processes.
- Assist with research and identify program concepts and techniques.
- Formulate strategic objectives and appropriate key measurements for initiatives.
- Identify areas of risk; assess risk management; and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Examine financial transactions, assess internal controls, identify areas of risk, and prepare formal reports.
- Evaluate existing programs to determine if processes are in compliance with requirements.
- Document, assess, and report area(s) of concern and performance improvement recommendations based on analysis.
- Develop process improvement procedures and monitor and report on process performance and adoption across the organization.
- Analyze current process standards and metrics to provide solutions for improvements, updating and maintaining documentation on process improvements and performance.
- Perform data gathering, root cause analysis, demand analysis, and performance trending to develop appropriate process control changes.
- Analyze and document dependencies between new and existing processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide education and training on changes, updates, and improvements for guidelines, processes, and procedures to stakeholders and management.
- Communicate regularly with team members and management to share information. TraceAdvisory.com
- Attend and participate in planning meetings, entrance conferences, client status meetings, and end of fieldwork meetings.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Research and respond to client inquiries or requests.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned
- Attend seminars, workshops and/or conferences to enhance proficiency.
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, preferably accounting, finance, analytics, or other business-related discipline. Preferred - CPA, CISA, CIA, CFSA, CFE, PMP or Master’s degree.
- Knowledge Required: Excellent knowledge of business requirements, system design and business process design.
- Experience Required: One to three plus years of business process or related business experience. Experience in communicating and working with stakeholders to translate the business vision into actionable requirements.
- Skills/Abilities Required: Strong oral and written communication skills in order to work well with all levels of the organization. Good analytical skills. Able to work independently and be able to grasp new concepts quickly, troubleshoot problems, multi-task and prioritize projects.