Seeking a Healthcare Chief Financial Officer for a high performing healthcare system headquartered in Lucedale, MS, 45 minutes from the Gulf and 20 minutes from Mobile, AL. This ideal candidate with have experience in a healthcare accounting setting as the Senior Accountant, Controller or Chief Financial Officer and possess a drive to be the best. The position requires a strong communicator with exceptional accounting knowledge and skills; this person will streamline and drive the accounting process from GL, payroll, financial reporting processes, cost report, IGF, banking and audit. The Chief Financial Officer will produce accurate and timely financial statements for the System and mentor and train existing staff. The Chief Financial Officer will be an integral part of decision-making and will join a successful team.
For confidentiality purposes, you can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objectives of this role
- Set up, maintain and execute all Accounting functions to that lead to timely and accurate month and year end close.
- Provide comprehensive financial statements
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Commitment to continual process improvement functions
- Review, develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows
- Establish (in coordination with CEO) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all entities
- Oversee, support and mentor accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Cost report data and intergovernmental transfers.
- Treasury management services and Budgeting
- Other financial subjects as applicable
Required skills and qualifications
- Seven years of professional accounting experience in a lead role, healthcare experience preferred or work with a firm that audits healthcare
- Strong understanding of banking processes and financial data analysis
- Expert knowledge and experience of General Ledger set up, maintenance and reporting.
- Experience in managing and reporting payroll, with focus on streamlining accounting processes and quarterly payroll tax filings
- Advanced Excel and Accounting Software knowledge
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA required
- At least seven years of experience as a senior-level accountant or Chief Financial Officer