Seeking a Chief Compliance Officer for a growing bank located in Hattiesburg. This individual is responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, and programs to prevent violations of consumer law, or regulation and follows a risk management program that monitors and reports on the Bank’s CMS and RMS programs. Primary responsibilities include: oversight of the Compliance Department, the Bank’s BIN Compliance Program, the Bank’s Fair and Responsible Banking Program, the BSA/AML Compliance Program and assisting the Bank’s Audit and Compliance Committee. In this role, the successful candidate must demonstrate applied knowledge of State and Federal regulations applicable to the Bank with a focus on: Consumer Lending, Credit Card Act, Mortgage, UDAAP, Fair Lending, BSA/AML and OFAC. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills and experience with providing regulatory guidance across all levels of the organization. The Chief Compliance Officer reports to the Bank’s CEO.
- Guides the Bank’s Compliance department in a productive, professional way that independently monitors and acts on matters related to Compliance.
- Oversees and monitors the implementation of the Bank’s Compliance Program and Controls, including the Bank’s Compliance Management System (CMS).
- Develops and implements the Bank’s annual Compliance work-plan that reflects the Bank's unique characteristics, provides a clear Compliance framework with consistent ethics while promoting fair and responsible banking.
- Periodically revises the Compliance work-plan as necessary.
- Develops policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties, without fear of retaliation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of State and Federal regulations applicable to the Bank and necessary level of knowledge on emerging regulatory Compliance risks.
- Provides strategic direction, advice, and training to the senior management team on matters relating to Compliance.
- Prepares and presents clear and concise Compliance reports to the Audit and Compliance Committee and the Board.
- Interacts with regulators on Compliance issues.
- Coordinates efforts related to internal audits and external Bank examinations.
- Coordinates internal Compliance review and monitoring activities, including reviews of first line departments and third party vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in consumer lending and/or credit card compliance and at least 3+ years of Compliance leadership, people management.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree is preferred.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) preferred, other Compliance certifications desirable.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills, including ability to coordinate work and deadlines between multiple lines of business and third party vendors.
- Effective conflict management proficiency, including assessing customer complaints and maintaining/tracking corrective action plans.
- Must have experience with providing regulatory guidance, addressing regulatory concerns and providing recommendations for closing regulatory concerns at all levels at the Bank.
- Excellent decision maker with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks,
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently when needed, to navigate a complex organization and influence at all levels at the Bank.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive,
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
Compensation & Benefits Salary:
Starting at $120,000 Benefits:
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Dental Coverage Plan
- Vision Coverage Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
*For confidentiality purposes, you can apply by emailing email@example.com.