Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Service Specialists employment agency is recruiting a Chief Financial Officer for a multibillion-dollar, full service, community bank headquartered in Baton Rouge. This individual will serve as the strategic and tactical business partner advisor to management by providing financial and accounting leadership on business management and controls. Responsible for GAAP and SEC reporting to the Bank and Holding company, regulatory reporting, managerial reporting, and application of relevant accounting policies. Ensures that the accounting and reporting functions are operating in a timely, accurate, and controlled manner
- Prepares internal financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Directs timely and accurate monthly accounting closing process; coordinates closing process to meet established criteria.
- Monitors compliance with timely and accurate monthly and quarterly GAAP accounting and reporting, regulatory reporting, and managerial reporting.
- Issues financial statements under GAAP.
- Responsible for application of all relevant accounting policies while developing and implementing various accounting procedures.
- Ensures accounting and reporting controls are operating as designed.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Evaluates current accounting practices and policies and drives continuous improvement.
- Oversees the monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting (SEC) processes to ensure conformity with GAAP and FASB.
- Supervises the Legal and Human Resource functions.
- Ensures that own work is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
Education and Related Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- 7+ years of increasing industry related accounting experience with a proven track record of success in financial reporting, SEC reporting and internal controls
- 4 years supervisory experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in a public company
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to have direct, written, and phone contact with executive/senior management, regulatory agencies, external accountants, external auditors, vendors, and department managers.
- Must have proven leadership skills.
- Must possess advanced analytical skills.
- Must have a proven track record of building relationships to gain influence across an organization.
Base $350k+ in addition to over $300k of bonus, equity and benefits.