Construction Accounting Manager
Seeking a Construction Accounting Manager for a successful manufacturing company based in Richland, MS. This position offers a diverse set of accounting-related job responsibilities. The desired candidate will embrace a team concept when completing assigned tasks along with a strong commitment to perform high-quality work, meet deadlines and finish assigned tasks.
- Supports the organization with research and analysis of financial records as directed by management.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to safeguard the financial assets of the company.
- Setup new construction projects and change orders on existing projects, including PO setups.
- Accurately record project billings and subcontractor payments
- Work with field managers to ensure project transactions are accurately recorded
- Prepare and submit required documents as required by customers
- Analyze project trends relating to cost and billings, identify over/under budget items
- Records state, county and local sales taxes.
- Coordinate posting and maintenance activities for the construction projects
- Executes the monthly closing procedures which include recording journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and ensuring all entries are properly recorded.
- Performs financial analysis as directed by accounting management for support of business decisions by management.
- Assist with requests documentation related to external and internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience in accounting/finance functions
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant
- Previous supervisory experience is a must
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.