CAREER DESCRIPTION:This company is looking for an Auditor/Internal Auditor to add value to the operations of our clients by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing practices.
The Auditor/Internal Auditor position is primarily responsible for performing programmatic and fiscal audits of client operations and special projects. Responsibilities include designing policies and procedures that support client’s vision of activities and reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational processes and internal controls to determine compliance with regulations, policies/procedures, and industry best practices.
- Prepare annual audit/internal audit plans.
- Perform operational, financial, and compliance audits.
- Identify areas of risk; assess risk management; and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Examine financial transactions, assess internal controls, identify areas of risk, and prepare formal audit reports.
- Prepare clear and well-organized audit work papers that document work performed, investigation summaries, and recommendations.
- Document, assess, and report area(s) of concern and performance improvement recommendations based on internal audit procedures.
- Perform and document procedures to ensure necessary corrective actions have been implemented.
- Communicates regularly with team members and management to share information.
- Attend and participate in planning meetings, entrance conferences, client status meetings, and end of fieldwork meetings.
- Work with and assist other team members by sharing information, presenting ideas and concerns, and asking questions.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Research and respond to audit inquiries or requests.
- Complete special projects and audits as assigned.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned
- Attend seminars, workshops and/or conferences to enhance proficiency in audit techniques.
- Maintain appropriate continuing education credits as required by professional auditing standards.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:• Education/Certification: Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, preferably accounting, finance, analytics, or other business-related discipline. Preferred - CPA, CISA, CIA, CFSA, CFE, PMP or Master’s degree.
• Knowledge Required: Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and report writing techniques.
• Experience Required: One to three plus years of Audit/Internal Audit or relevant business experience. Basic to intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices, and financial and operational process documentation.
• Skills/Abilities Required: Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Conduct research. Strong oral and written communication skills in order to work well with all levels of the organization. Good analytical skills. Able to work independently and be able to grasp new concepts quickly, troubleshoot problems, multi-task and prioritize projects.