Service Specialists recruiting agency is seeking a litigation paralegal for a reputable law firm in Oxford. This candidate is responsible for a diverse range of legal tasks. Must be able to work independently with limited or no supervision at times. This Paralegal must be highly organized, detail-oriented and have a customer-service mindset. This role demands excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This individual can be trained with the right transferrable skills.
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc.)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise
- Must have MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
*** Bonus based on company performance.