Seeking a Practice Administrator for a successful dental practice located in Jackson. The Practice Administrator works closely with the doctor and staff to assure that all the business aspects of the practice are functioning in an orderly and proficient manner. The administrator communicates the practice philosophy through systems, problem solving and communication. As the main conduit of information between doctor and staff, the administrator strives to bring out the best in the entire staff.
- Supervises support staff to ensure maximum production and service. Conducts performance evaluations. Issues appropriate disciplinary actions and discharges staff as needed with doctor(s) assistance.
- Directs support staff recruiting efforts through application screening, interviewing, and hiring procedures.
- Coordinates continuing education events.
- Trains support staff in their respective positions.
- Prepares work schedules for staff to assure optimal production and service.
- Maintains Personnel Policy Manual, consistently administers policies and staff benefit programs as written, updates policies and distributes to staff as needed.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Establishes and maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures all required employment, payroll, and benefit documentation is obtained from staff and maintained in the proper files.
- Keeps practice in compliance with health regulations and OSHA.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and staff concerning problems and complaints and attempts to resolve the matter(s).
- Educates and motivates support staff to achieve excellent customer service and patient satisfaction from services rendered by the practice staff.
- Manages business accounting activities such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank transactions, accounting reports, tax preparation, debt/asset management, and practice budgeting.
- Oversees patient care by scheduling appointments, coordinating financial arrangements (including billing and insurance), maintaining patient records, and following up on delinquent accounts.
- Assures that the practice property is clean, professional and well kept and that all clinical and office equipment is kept in proper working order, and arranges for landscaping/gardening or other services as required.
- Assists the employer with developing a marketing program to maintain the financial welfare of the practice.
- Reviews fee structures for products and services and recommends changes to achieve financial success.
- Researches costs associated with purchasing supplies and equipment to ensure the most advantageous price is obtained.
- Education / Experience:
- 2 year degree from a college or technical school Minimum of six months to one year of related experience and/or training OR Equivalent combination of education and experience