Seeking a Senior Accountant for a manufacturing company. This position can be based in Richland, MS, Columbus, MS or Memphis, TN. This successful individual is responsible for supporting the Finance and Accounting Department and performing multiple general accounting functions. Must have strong experience in SQL and SOX!
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation for both balance sheet and expense G/L accounts
- Reconcile bank statements for the local bank accounts
- Perform cost analysis as requested by the Controller and other management
- Record both monthly and standard journal entries to the general ledger
- Participate in the month-end closing process
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports
- Provide audit support and schedules as requested
- Special projects and other accounting functions as required
- Administer P-Card corporate account and users
- Sales & Use Tax calculations and remittances
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- SOX compliance test work
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent in a combination of experience, training and education.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in accounting functions.
- Proficient in bank and G/L reconciliations and fixed asset accounting.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of accounting software, database software, internet software, and payroll systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to GAAP
- Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented and possess strong organization skills.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay