Seeking a Senior Accountant for a company in the defense industry.Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of Finance and Accounting with ensuring that the Company's accounting policies, systems and processes are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), tax and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) requirements, where applicable.
- Prepares interim consolidated financial statements as required.
- Performs ongoing general ledger maintenance, including account analysis.
- Supports the annual financial audit, serving as a key participant in the process and preparing requested information.
- Supports the annual tax return preparation process, serving as a key participant in the process and preparing requested information.
- Supports acquisition and/or major transaction accounting requirements.
- Performs research of accounting treatment of transactions.
- Prepares information in support of quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Serves as a backup manager of Company credit card programs and reconciles and records all transactions.
- Performs daily cash transaction review and posting, including recording of cash receipts.
- Prepares, reconciles and maintains amortization schedules and subsidiary ledgers.
- Maintains fixed asset depreciation schedules.
- Reviews, analyzes and reconciles accounting transactions.
- Supports month-end and year-end closing of the books.
- Prepares cost-reimbursable billing packages in support of customer billings.
- Prepares annual property tax returns.
- Prepares supporting data for annual System for Award Management (SAM) reporting.
- Prepares numerous ad hoc reports and performs other tasks as requested in support of the Director of Finance and Accounting.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- GAAP: 5 years (Required)
- DCAA: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 7 years (Required)
- Government Contracting: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ridgeland, MS