Senior Design Mechanical Engineer
Seeking a Senior Design Engineer for a manufacturing plant located in the southeast. REMOTE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- High proficiency in CAD modeling, print making, schematics and BOM creation (preferably Autodesk Inventor)
- Designs complete assemblies to support product development activities.
- Able to design controls systems and program PLCs for automated hydromechanical equipment.
- Hydraulic control and logic design
- Able to perform engineering analysis on complex problems to ensure quality.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Work well with customers---effectively understanding their root needs and resolve concerns.
- Travel to gather critical information to meet customer and business needs is required (passport needed).
- Works proactively with manufacturing to ensure customer expectations are exceeded through robust and cost-conscious design.
- Ability to dig into root cause of problems or cost reduction opportunities for quality solutions.
- Provides direction to machine designer/drafter.
- Provides project management--cross -functional leadership.
- Effectively considers implications of machine configuration on safety.
- Tracks cost, schedule and quality of multiple projects simultaneously, requiring strong time management skills and prioritization of work.
- Completes final testing/demonstrations.
- Performs product R&D testing, analysis and recommendations.
- Prepares special project estimates for quotations as required.
- Verifies quality of final customer solution and coworkers prints/models.
- Presents solutions to Marketing, Customers and Sales.
- Understands and abides by sound design for manufacturability principles.
- Helps to establish partnerships with major and key accounts within business.
- Possesses "bottom line' results orientation for both customer value focus and internally.
- Identify and define patent/IP protection opportunities.
- Ability to effectively conduct risk assessments.
- Responsible for CAR activities including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), corrective actions, & preventive actions.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
2. Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
3. Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
4. Respectfully takes direction from supervisor or manager.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- BS Mechanical, Structural or similar and/or Equivalent Experience BS Mechanical Engineering with career experience in controls and hydraulics
- 10-20 years’ experience, mechanical systems and controls design and projects
Training, Certifications, Licenses, Registrations (preferred)
- PE License
- Heavy Machine Design, Steel Fabrication, Oilfield Equipment Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 years
Work Location: Remote