Seeking a Senior Accountant for a company in the defense industry.Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of Finance and Accounting with ensuring and enforcing that the Company's accounting policies, systems and processes are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepares interim consolidated financial statements as required.
- Supports the annual financial audit and annual tax return preparation process, preparing requested information.
- Supports acquisition and/or major transaction accounting requirements.
- Manages month- and year-end close, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes and ensures the timely and accurate delivery of periodic financial statements and reports; ensures that the reported results are complete and in compliance with GAAP.
- Prepares, reconciles and maintains subsidiary ledgers.
- Reviews, analyzes and reconciles accounting transactions and performs variance analysis.
- Records recurring accounting transactions in the general ledger and performs ongoing general ledger maintenance.
- Prepares customer billings and performs accounts receivable collections.
- Performs research of accounting treatment of transactions.
- Prepares information in support of quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports.
- Assesses current practices and procedures and presents recommendations to management for improvements.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government requirements.
- Prepares numerous ad hoc reports and performs other tasks as requested in support of the Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 10 years of progressive experience in corporate accounting.
- CPA license a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced knowledge in Excel and QuickBooks or similar accounting application.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Federal government contracting experience preferred.
- Experience with working with multiple legal entities preferred.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Thorough working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting requirements and laws and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Working knowledge of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) compliance regulations a plus.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.