- Responsible for managing the accounting and bookkeeping processes, ensuring compliance with GAAP, internal policies and external regulations.
- Responsible for overseeing and providing accounting guidance to accounting & bookkeeping employees located in Byram and New Albany, MS.
- Responsible for all aspects of month-end financial close out process, including:
- Accounts Receivable – Close and reconcile subledger (AR Aging) to General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Process monthly lease payments on 1st of the month
- Code and post invoices related to capital projects
- Compile, code and post to General Ledger all electronic debits from monthly bank activity
- Process A/P check voids as needed
- Run A/P check and EFT payment processing
- Close and reconcile subledger (AP Aging) to General Ledger
- Work with operations personnel to resolve any quantity or cost issues that arise
- Close and reconcile subledger (Inventory Valuation) to General Ledger
- Fixed Assets
- Close out capital projects when completed
- Set up and dispose of fixed assets on a monthly basis
- Run monthly depreciation & generate depreciation schedules
- Prepare monthly fixed asset reconciliation of depreciation reports to General Ledger
- Financial Statements
- Prepare and post various monthly closing entries
- Generate and distribute financial statements
- Review P&L – answer and develop questions based on analytical review of variances and any unusual items
- Responsible for learning and maintaining Titan 3000 software as it pertains to accounting functions.
- Support operational processes that impact accounting functions
- Develop custom reporting to support financial and operational processes
- Responsible for processing of weekly and monthly payroll and filing 940, 941 and unemployment tax returns.
- Responsible for accrual and payment of sales taxes.
- Set up sales tax codes and tax rates
- Generate monthly sales tax reports / prepare monthly sales tax worksheets for MS, AL, TN, LA, FL
- Prepare, file, and pay sales tax returns
- Responsible for accrual and payment of property taxes.
- Monitor monthly accrual for changes once tax assessor sends asset valuations
- Work with Property Tax Associates to make sure applicable exemptions are filed on an annual basis
- Responsible for maintenance of General Ledger.
- Prepare General Ledger balance sheet account reconciliations monthly
- Set up and maintain monthly recurring journal entries
- Post reversing journal entries from previous month
- Prepare monthly adjusting journal entries
- Responsible for maintaining Prospero financial reporting software, including line structures, locations, calculations for all company reports.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of 1099 forms to recipients by January 31st.
- Responsible for reconciling daily bank deposits to AR Monthly Deposit Report, compiled weekly.