Seeking a HR Generalist for a thriving healthcare practice based in Tupleo. This individual will provide Human Resources support in hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Handles all administrative tasks for onboarding, new-hire orientations, and exit process, including data entry in human resources information systems (HRIS) and audits for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assists accountant with payroll processing, including collecting submissions, garnishments, reviewing, and approving mileage, call pay, reimbursements, PTO pay, hourly-employee validations and benefits changes.
- Manages FMLA and disability processes and distribution with employees.
- Partners with and guides managers/supervisors on employee performance improvement plans and disciplinary action process (written, final, and termination decisions).
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts interviews, license validation, reference checks and I-9 verifications using E-Verify
- Assists in the process of reporting employee injuries including maintaining record keeping for Workers Compensation.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments in Healthcare Compliance Pros (HCP). This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- Creates and updates job descriptions as needed.
- Reviews and responds to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation
- Responds to inquiries regarding verification of employment.
- Loads and maintains employee changes in the Human Resource & Payroll Software (i.e., insurance, demographics, family status changes, etc.).
- Manages security and badge system; adding and/or deleting user profiles as well as setting/disarming clinic as needed.
- Monitors monthly exclusion checks through the OIG website, HCP.
- Manages G-Suite license additions, changes, terminations, and employee grouping.
- Responds to and assists to student opportunities, shadowing requests, and facilitates scheduling with providers.
- Updates and maintains employee census, monthly payroll spreadsheets and offers of coverage.
- Educates and advises employees on group health plans and voluntary benefits.
- Responsible for employee benefits enrollment and/or termination, including COBRA administration process.
- Assists with annual open enrollment.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business.
- Previous experience recruiting.
- Effective HR administration, people management, and prioritizing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; HRIS systems experience (i.e. ADP Workforce Now) will be a plus.
- Full understanding of HR functions and practices.
- Solid organization skills, task and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
*For confidentiality consideration, you can apply by emailing Sydney Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 - $56,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance