10 Tips and Tricks for Recent Graduates
- Be open to internships or free work to get your foot in the door and learn. Experience is much more valuable than salary.
- Don’t be above anything. Entitlement is the biggest turnoff to an employer.
- Send a personal message to 5 people a day to start building your network. You never know where a simple message can lead!
- Clean up your social media!
- Have a 60 second elevator pitch on “Tell me about yourself.” It will be the first question to every interview.
- Find a mentor.
- Have 3 PROFESSIONAL references prepared and communicate to each of them that you are using them as a reference.
- The first step to a job hunt should be calling an employment agency (Service Specialists!!!!) We can guide you, give resume advice and interview tips. We are your advocate in this process and have a lot better chance in getting you in front of the right opportunities. (And it’s for free!)
- Be a sponge. Your fresh eyes are valuable to an employer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- STAY CONFIDENT! This process can be frustrating and even scary with a lot of unknown. Persevere and trust the right door will open for you!
Are You a College Grad Looking for Your First Job?
Contact Service Specialists. We place new graduates in their first professional positions after college.